Wednesday 11 January 2012

The 90s



SWV


We are nostalgic today and  we are going back to 90s R&B. The music, the sassiness, the fashion = bliss!

I remember begging my mom for a pair of Dr Martens so I could wear it with a tartan skirt and knee-high socks. I remember jelly shoes then a silver pyjamas my mom had which I was convinced was exactly like something I saw in a music video. It wasn’t and I'm glad I never wore it ... mind you I have worn what would then be classified as questionable choices but I was always going against the grain.

When Brandy burst onto the scene all I wanted to do was wear check shirts. Then when Monica came in I wanted a white tank top with beige pants - remember them? Oh dear, then Jade came in and they cut their track tops short. ThenShai those satin shirts blowing in the wind.... lol classic!

BoyzIIMen with their baseball and basketball gear. I remember my older brother used to wear those. And then Ms Janet Jackson pulled up and smashed it with her video for 'If' - I still think of those black velvet palazzo pants... I did record the music video onto a VHS video cassette and try those moves - heck did I try.

Playlist for today:
Adina Howard - Freak Like Me
Janet Jackson - If
Brownstone – If You Love Me
Jodeci – Freek’N'You
Zhane - Its A Groove Thing
Monica – Before You Walk Out of  My Life
Tevin Campbell – Can We Talk
Monica & Brandy - The Boy Is Mine
BoyzIIMen - Motownphilly
Shanice - I Love Your smile
Color Me Badd - Sex You Up
TLC - Creep
Joe - All The Things Your Man Won't Do
Aaliyah - Are You That Somebody
Toni Braxton - Making Me High
Salt-n-Pepa - Shoop
Salt-n-Pepa & En Vogue - Whatta Man
Jade - Don't Walk Away
MC Lyte featuring Xscape - Keep On, Keepin' On
Shabba Ranks - Mr.Loverman
Whitney Houston - I'm Your Baby Tonight
Soul For Real - Candy Rain
Joe  -I Don't Want To Be A Playa No More




No comments:

Post a Comment