Tuesday 10 January 2012

In love with Tony Ward

I am in love. His name is Tony Ward and yes I am in love. I don’t ordinarily post anything about designers or their collections. Heck I don’t ordinarily watch television but this past weekend my eye caught the designs of Tony Ward’s Fall 2011/2012 show. As any woman, I love pretty dresses but I tend to err on the side of quirky more than uber girly - it's just how I roll. I have since changed and the pictures below explain why.

He’s originally from Lebanon and studied in Paris where he worked with Dominique Morlotti and Claude Montana for Lanvin, Gianfranco Ferré for Dior, Karl Lagerfeld for Chloé. In saying this, I’m sure you can pick up their influence in his work. He marries femininity with bold structure and glamour of days gone by in a way that makes my heart skip a beat. We heart Tony Ward.

P.S A part of me so wants to rock some takkies or docs with these. Is it wrong? Is it?












No comments:

Post a Comment